-It took me until the last month of school to figure out Elise's settings for school days. Now, to be fair, we did only start pumping in November, but that still seems like a slow learning curve to me. Anyway, using a combination of bolusing for more carbs than she eats at breakfast, plus a temp basal for two hours will land her in the mid-100s by snacktime. Remember, this is what works for US and should not be considered medical advice.
-I have discovered that lately I have more patience to wait out a rough patch, and inevitably things always return to normal without any tweaking of numbers. Those two or three days are awful and usually spent rage-bolusing and temp-basaling, but it is so worth it when things settle down just fine with the original settings.
-I cannot, for the LIFE of me, figure out how to handle pod-change days. What works for one change, won't work for the next one. I used to have a great system, but these days I'm scratching my head. For the record, Elise is awesome at pod changes, it's the aftermath of the numbers that is kicking my butt.
-I used to be great at logging, but pumping has changed all that. I have Elise's logs all the way back to her dx date when she was on MDI. I made my own spreadsheet (the Omnipod logs are visually very unappealing to me), but only break it out when something catastrophic is happening.
16 hours ago