- I am 31 weeks pregnant. And feeling completely unprepared. 'Nuff said.
- A few weeks ago I was able to fly out and spend some much-needed time away with a bunch of wonderful D-Mamas. Though I got less sleep than I usually do at home, I had an amazing time.
- Except on the flight home I picked up some sort of crud. Blergh.
- Then as said crud was exiting stage right, I got food poisoning. Seriously? This is the second time I've had food poisoning while pregnant, and it was just as craptacular as I remembered.
- Yesterday? 10 loads of laundry. Today? 4 more loads. How does that happen in a family of only4 people? Oh yeah... see above.
- Diabetes-wise, things have been coo-coo bananas. Pods falling off in the middle of the night. Kinked cannulas. Numbers in the 500s. Swings from 450 to 102 in just an hour with .75 IOB. Which would drop her by 150. Halloween. Pod changes on Halloween. Trying valiantly to save yet another pod from falling off by MacGyvering it up with about 5 pounds of tape. SERENITY NOW!
As good as all this whining and complaining has felt, I'm going to stop now. Baby L is kicking up a storm in my belly and I think I deserve to sit and enjoy the wonderful-ness that is life growing within me.
I love that little baby punches can show me that life is still beautiful, even when mired down in the blerghy-ness of it all.