I wanted to do a super-cool post for today in honour of No D-Day, but let's face it... yesterday sucked it so hard I was in no mood to come up with anything. So here's a re-post of an old post from my other blog. Enjoy learning useless crap about me!
1. I love being a redhead. I often get asked if I ever hated having red hair, and I can't remember feeling that way. Do not ever refer to my hair as orange.
2. I love to make lists.
3. Especially when I get to cross stuff off.
4. I have a thing for waterfalls. I love them. I could sit and stare at a waterfall for hours.
5. I have HORRIBLE eyesight.
6. I prefer to wear contacts, but my eyes are so dry that they hurt my eyes. So glasses it is!
7. I have recurring nightmares about some sort of disaster happening and I can't find my glasses. Usually I'm being chased by someone, or there's a tornado coming.
8. Sometimes I think too much.
9. I also over think things.
10. I love being married to Fred.
11. I love being Elise's and Mattias's Mom.
12. Cats scare me.
13. I hate Dallas. But I think that's pretty obvious.
14. I want to be a doctor when I grow up.
15. Since it's a little late for that, I think I'd like to go back to school so I could work somewhere in the medical field.
16. Math makes my head hurt, but I have a good memory for numbers. Weird, eh?
17. I've been hit by a car on my bike twice. Two separate cars, on different occasions. Not the same car twice.
18. I've had 8 surgeries.
19. When I was about 4 or 5, I ran through the sliding glass door at my Mom's friend's house. I couldn't tell that it was closed, plus I've always been a bit of a klutz.
20. I have never done drugs, although the way my brain functions, I sometimes wonder if I have and just forgot about it.
21. I'm an honourary Newfie. The way this is bestowed upon you is by kissing a cod and drinking some sort of alcohol that tastes like paint thinner called "Screech".
22. My favourite band is the Hothouse Flowers. I've had the pleasure of meeting them several times, and not only are they amazing musicians, they are wonderful souls too.
23. My Dad used to grill steak on Saturday nights during hockey season. To this day, when I hear the Hockey Night in Canada theme, I smell steak.
24. I love the memory of sitting on the sofa and watching hockey with my Dad. He helped fuel my passion for the sport, even though he referred to almost every player as a bum.
25. I wanted to be a hockey play-by-play announcer when I was a kid. Still do, although I think I'd rather do colour... it's a lot less talking.
26. I wish I could sing. I mean, I can sing, but I'm sure most people rather I didn't. So I guess I wish I had talent as a singer.
27. I have a hard time forgiving people.
28. Even though I am forgiven. That makes me sad.
29. I'm starting to think this list is rather self-indulgent. Really, who cares about this stuff?
30. But I'm going to finish it anyway.
31. I love getting mail. Junk, bills... whatever. However, I am sad when I ONLY get junk and bills.
32. I tend to be rather hard on myself.
33. I wake up every morning with a song in my head.
34. My favourite hockey team is the Canucks.
35. I like quotes and I used to collect them. By collect them, I mean I had a book I would write them down in. I wish that I was smart enough to come up with some pithy statement that people will be saying hundreds of years from now.
36. I also collect old coins and bills.
37. I think that last fact makes me a nerd.
38. My younger brother is adopted... at least that's what my older brother and I used to tell him. But didn't every sibling tell the other this?
39. I can't believe it took me this long to put this one in, but I AM CANADIAN!
40. I think I hit my peak when I was 12.
41. Becoming a mother has made me more thankful of everything my mother did for me.
42. At one point in my life, I worked for a bank. This one branch I was at for only 8 months was held up 3 times while I worked there. I was held up one of those times... scary stuff. Although the guy was caught about 30 minutes later ordering a cheeseburger at McDonald's. Hee.
43. I tend to feel uncomfortable in my own skin.
44. I didn't own a cell phone until after Elise was born. I have no idea what my phone number is, and until this year had texted anybody. Most days, I have no idea where the silly thing is.
45. When I was 17, I travelled through DFW (the airport, not the metroplex) on my way to Guatemala. I looked outside the airport and told my best friend that I would never live in a place like this. God has a weird sense of humour.
46. I would NEVER live in Hawaii. Did you hear that one, God?
47. I would so live in Hawaii.
48. I tend to stick my foot in my mouth. A lot.
49. Every time I see a UPS or Fedex truck drive up my street, I hope it will stop at my house.
50. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but only in stuff that matters to me.
6 days ago